Open For All Australia is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to better understand your needs and preferences. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use, and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
This policy is available on our website at www.openforall.com.au
Collection of information
Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that Open For All Australia may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details about your interaction with us and your product and services preferences;
- employer or business details;
- digital information, such as cookies, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data, dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked.
The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you contact Open For All Australia, including to make an inquiry regarding our services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Open For All Australia;
- if you interact with Open For All Australia via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct.
We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Open For All Australia;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers;
- any persons you nominate if you submit an employment application to us; and
- our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
Open For All Australia may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- to determine your product or service preferences;
- to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to monitor the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a trade account or other credit account, of any nature;
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
We work with third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with our marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to Open For All Australia in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Open For All Australia in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- Our professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to Open For All Australia;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- related companies of Open For All Australia.
You have the option of dealing with Open For All Australia anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy.
Marketing and advertising
As part of our functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Open For All Australia may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, Open For All Australia or third parties sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about our products and services. Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the opt-out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or sending an email to our administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and storage
Open For All Australia will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. For example, Open For All Australia seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for Open For All Australia is held on secure servers. Data is stored and retained in Australia and Singapore. Back up storage is held in Australia, Singapore and the United States of America.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Open For All Australia cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Open For All Australia over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
You have the right under applicable Australian privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by Open For All Australia, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact Open For All Australia” below.
Open For All Australia may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
Open For All Australia will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
If Open For All Australia refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if Open For All Australia refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal. If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
If you have a question or complaint about this policy, our collection of your personal information or the way in which Open For All Australia deals with your personal information, this should be directed to our administration using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Open For All Australia” below.
We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with our proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third-party website from our website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. Open For All Australia is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third-party website. Open For All Australia encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third-party website that you access.
How to contact Open For All Australia
You can contact us as set out below: